- From the World Outline, select a scene or a folder component. Click the add element button > event.
- From the Scene Map, right-click empty space and click Add Event from the context menu.
- From the Scene Map, click and drag out from an existing Event handle
- From the Scene Map, click the Add Event button.
Once an Event has been added, it will appear in the Scene Map. The same event will appear nested and below the related, parent scene in the World Outline.
- From the World Outline, click the desired Event to select.
- From the Scene Map, click the desired Event to select.
If the element is outside of the limits of the Scene Map, you can select it from the World Outline and click Center Selection from the Scene Map.
- From the World Outline, right-click the desired Event and click Rename... from the context menu.
- From the Scene Map, double-click the desired Event header to inline rename.
You can also change the name of the selected Event from the Element Properties panel.
- From the World Outline, right-click the desired Event and click Remove... from the context menu.
- From the Scene Map, click the desired Event to select and click Remove... from the context menu.
Removing an Event will permanently remove all nested content, Choices and connected Paths.
Edit Event Content
- From the Scene Map, double-click Event excerpt to open Event content.
- From the Scene Map, hover over Event excerpt and click the edit button to open Event content.
/to open the command menu and select the element you want to create.
- Highlight a piece of content to bring up the toolbar and change its style.
- Drag the content handle to change the block position.
Currently, Elm Story 0.7 supports text formatting for block h1-h4, ordered/unordered list and hyperlink. You can also choose between Inline bold, italic, underline and strikethrough. Keyboard shortcuts for bold, italic, underline and strikethrough toggling are also implemented.
/to open the command menu and select the Image element.
- Upload the desired Image.
- Crop and adjust the Image with or without the help of the togglable grid.
SAVEto insert the Image into the Event, or click
For 0.7, inline image elements will display in 16:9 at a max size of 655x368 (or 1310x736 retina) and scale down (based on display size) to 320x180.
/to open the command menu and select the Character Reference element.
- Select the desired Character to be reference with their full name. Alternatively, click the arrow next to the character's name to reference the character by choosing an Alias/Pronoun.
Once a Character Reference has been added, it is possible to edit the Reference or change its style by clicking on it.
- Highlight a piece of content you want to add an Hyperlink to bring up the toolbar
- Click the Hyperlink icon.
- From the context menu, enter the desired URL and click the SAVE button to confirm.
To delete or edit the Hyperlink, hover the Hyperlink to bring up the context menu.